Welcome to Fifth Grade in Room 12!
The Hour of Code is happening from December 5-9th. Mother-Daughter Code Night is Tuesday, Dec. 6th from 5:30-6:30, and Fun with Fathers and Coding is Friday, Dec. 9th from 2:30-3:30. Both events are in the SV Computer Lab and Library.
- Our field trip to the Paradise Ice Rink is on Wednesday, December 21st from 8:40-11:00. Be sure to wear warm clothes and bring extra socks! Legs must be covered by pants, leggings, long socks, etc. If you haven't turned in your permission slip, please do so as soon as you can. Thank you!
For our winter celebration we will be doing a holiday mug exchange. Each child can bring a new or gently used coffee mug to school. Please fill the mug with trinkets and treats (about $5 worth) and wrap the mug so that the contents are a surprise. As the contents are a surprise, please make sure that a boy or a girl could enjoy the mug and what is inside. Please do not attach a gift tag to the mug (it adds to the surprise), but please make sure that your child can identify which mug they have brought as a gift so the receiver can thank them.
On December 22nd (the day before break begins), we will exchange mugs. Students who bring a mug will get to pick one out at random (not their own!). We will take turns opening the wrapped mugs and thanking the givers. And of course, we will be enjoying some hot cocoa and apple cider out of our new mugs after the exchange. :)
Winter Break is from Friday, December 23rd through Friday, January 6th. School resumes on Monday, January 9th.
- Environmental Camp:
- Camp Website
- Friday, December 9th: All forms are due
- Student Registration and Health Form
- Permission Slip
- Food Allergy Form (optional)
- T-Shirt Order form (optional)
- Monday, January 9th-Friday Jan. 13th-- Medication Due to Lori in the Office
- Medication Due in Original Prescription bottle/ box
- Medication authorization form due (signed by a physician)
- We cannot take medication to camp if it is brought on Tuesday morning
- Environmental Camp: Tuesday, January 17th-Friday, January 20th
- No School on Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Leave at normal school time (bus)
- Return around 1:30 on Friday (you may pick up your child then)
- Check out the new classroom blog where we will be posting what we are learning!